Skip to main content

Put-a-bird-on-it

Often I pass by "inspirational quotes", labeling myself as a bit of a skeptic... Today one grabbed my attention because I feel it labels the season I'm in spiritually right now:

Refuse to be content with just the knowledge of God- insist on experiencing His presence.

I copied it onto a little green notecard, "put-a-bird-on-it", and it's sitting on my kitchen counter, adorned with a little paper clip given to me by Caitlin Hooper (http://ckp.showitsite.com/)... ready to remind me to be in with both feet daily.

"Experiencing God's presence" is new for me- REALLY FEELING IT. I used to write off the idea as "emotionalism", but then I realized that our relationship with God is like a marriage- if we mumble "luv ya" once in awhile, but there is never any passionate expression of that love... is the love really there? We must passionately express how we feel about God to Him. And in that moment, we "experience God's presence". For me this is through music. I know God gave us music because there are some things that can't be expressed with words alone... and so I sing.

Please swap stories with me- how have you experienced God's presence?

Comments

  1. Thank you for the reminder friend. I have been chewing on this concept in the past couple of days, too, but you have put beautiful lyrics to it. (c:

    p.s. And thanks for the shout out. (c;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small Victory

I have a small victory to share with you:  Let me give some context... I blogged about the loss of children recently, verbally stomping my feet and telling the enemy that I will have no more of it- and that I have chosen my side and refuse to budge. The children God has given me "on loan" are all so different... Jonathan was an easy baby, and is currently a whirl-wind 3 1/2 yr old- he is FULL of energy, curiosity, music, rythm, he is friendly, relational, deep (yes, deep!), always thinking, processing, talking... He knows about God and that Jesus is real, and he knows that his baby sister Evelyn is safe with Jesus. Henry was a difficult baby, and is an easy 2 yr-old!  He adores his  brother and wants to be where he is, he gives AMAZING hugs, likes to be held, likes books, connects quickly with people, is caring, noisy, talkative, fast... and still has his innocence. He likes to pray. Evelyn has changed my life more than anything. Her body was tiny, but her exis...

Evelyn Rose

It's time to write about Evelyn Rose. We knew I was pregnant around Thanksgiving 2010 (no test, we just knew!). We waited to tell family until Christmas, and had our first Dr. appointment in January '11. In march we had an ultrasound and discovered we were having a girl! After a couple hours of high excitement and celebration over our coming baby girl, I received a phone call from our Doctor. She had hard news for me- that our little girl was very small, and her brain was not forming right. We scheduled an ultrasound with a specialist, and prayed deeply for a week, for healing. During that week I prepared myself for a miracle, and also reached a place where I was overjoyed to take care of her, regardless of her condition. I did not prepare myself to lose her. At our next appointment we met with a "genetic counselor", and I let most of what she said roll off of me, thinking it would not apply to us. We loved seeing her during the ultrasound- her feet, hands, face, eye...

Thank You

Thank you for walking alongside us, and for deeply crying out to God on our behalf. Tonight Josh and I held eachother with shaking arms, unable to breathe in our pain, with hot tears and groanings, deeper than we ever have. God is walking closely with us, teaching us, holding us. Thank you for being part of that. I can still feel little Evelyn Rose, she is still alive and moving- a continued miracle. As I sat down to pass on a little of this to some of you, here in the wee hours of the morning... in my husband's big sweatshirt, still wiping tears and snot on his sleeves (hope he doesn't mind... I'll just wash this sweatshirt before I give it back to him :) ), I had a photo file open on my desktop. I saw sweet little faces. Sweet, perfect little faces. What a joy and a privilege to raise two wild, wonderful boys. They are turning into such buddies, learning to appreciate eachother and play together instead of fighting, pushing, crying. They are innocent, energetic, curiou...