Skip to main content

Collection

Hello!  Today's post is just a few random things in my head, my heart, and my home.

On Friday Josh found a box of Legos at a garage sale! BEST. $20. SPENT. EVER. My boys of all sizes have been sprawling on the carpet, spending most of their playtime digging through piles of new-to-them Legos. It has been so peaceful, and so reminiscent of both Josh's childhood and mine. I'm really excited for the beginning of this season of hours and hours of Lego time, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Soon Daddy will be home extra to help me with adding our newest member, and soon I will often be parked on the couch nursing, and it has been on my heart to add more activities of this sort to the boys' day. Tonight Jonathan spent almost a whole hour building creations all by himself- I couldn't help but capture a few pictures!


I love his deep-in-thought face


soooo into his project

Hi, mom :)

sticking out his tongue helps with creativity...

I LOVE the people

Completely switching gears, I sat by myself for the first time in YEARS today at church. Josh was leading worship, and I'm taking my leave from being up front for awhile (getting too hard on my body...), so I sat in the congregation by myself. It felt rather peaceful! Jack had everyone find someone to pray for after announcements, and everyone around me grouped-up. I put both hands on my stretch-marked middle, and decided that my "someone" to pray for was Ruby.  It's rather different praying for an unborn baby... after a few moments one of my favorite older gentlemen put his thin, well-worked hands on my shoulders and prayed for me and my child within. I like this guy so much because he is in his 70s (at least?), a retired pastor, and he occasionally exclaims his agreement of a statement made from the pulpit by shouting, "TRUTH!". Whenever I hear him, I make note of what was worthy of being so boldly labeled "truth"- after that many decades of commitment to God and ministry, he must have such rich perspective.





And just a few random funnies to wrap things up:


You might be almost-due-pregnant IF:
~you've ever needed to use the restroom more than 3 times in one church service
~you've ever day dreamed about labor
~watering the plants includes intentionally watering your own feet
~your children play "mommy" by stuffing newspaper under their shirts :)


he emptied the tools out of his pockets and stuffed newspaper under his shirt to play "mommy"

playing "mommy"

another symbol of their boy-hood: the beginning of a collection of tools!

...personality :)

...personality :)




**one more thought... I haven't forgotten those of you whose hearts ache to carry a child. I think of you often, especially now, and I continue petitioning on your behalf.

Comments

  1. Thanks AnnaRuth. Wish we weren't so far away so we could meet Ruby! The boys are getting so big. Our Jonathan will be 3 one month from today. Thought he'd be a big brother by now but I think God decided one crazy-busy little boy is more than enough for us lol....just so grateful that we have him. Hope you have a very smooth delivery. Take care, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small Victory

I have a small victory to share with you:  Let me give some context... I blogged about the loss of children recently, verbally stomping my feet and telling the enemy that I will have no more of it- and that I have chosen my side and refuse to budge. The children God has given me "on loan" are all so different... Jonathan was an easy baby, and is currently a whirl-wind 3 1/2 yr old- he is FULL of energy, curiosity, music, rythm, he is friendly, relational, deep (yes, deep!), always thinking, processing, talking... He knows about God and that Jesus is real, and he knows that his baby sister Evelyn is safe with Jesus. Henry was a difficult baby, and is an easy 2 yr-old!  He adores his  brother and wants to be where he is, he gives AMAZING hugs, likes to be held, likes books, connects quickly with people, is caring, noisy, talkative, fast... and still has his innocence. He likes to pray. Evelyn has changed my life more than anything. Her body was tiny, but her existenc

How great the Father's love for us...

Evelyn has changed everything. She has changed the way I think, the way I see my boys, the way I approach people, and most importantly she has changed my understanding of the depth of God's love. Yesterday the teacher at our church taught on John 3:16... which I have heard hundreds of times. BUT- yesterday (and today!), and from now on, it means more to me. The verse says this, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son..." WHAT?!?! I've heard that, quoted that, referenced that, but now, being asked to give up one of MY children, I see just a little more deeply how God loves me. Having felt the searing pain of being asked to give up a child, my response is so different to reading again that God CHOSE to give up His only child! ...and for me, the little girl I'm being asked to give up will go straight from the safety of my womb to the permanent safety of His arms (unless God gives us a miracle!). But for God, when He gave up Jesus, He sent Him here, kn

We prepare to say goodbye

If we haven't been for the last 10 or so weeks, right now we are preparing to say goodbye. I heard a whisper in the second before my Dr. placed the ultrasound wand on my belly this afternoon, "she is with Me." I saw her tiny body on the screen and noticed how still she seemed. I held my breath, my heart pounding as we looked for her heart beat. None. She is at rest with her Creator. Soon I will see my beautiful daughter's face. To the world's standards, her body will be very broken. But to God's standards, we will see beauty because she has lived her purpose: to point in honor to her Creator. Pray that my body will have the strength to let my heart treasure each moment we get with her body. To God be the glory!