Skip to main content

Mopping

 I was mopping today, and this Hymn overwhelmed my heart. Under the table my mop slashed back and forth, around each couch and rug, as my heart and my voice rang louder. Soon my hands let go of the handle and rose toward my Faithful God- forget mopping, HE wanted my attention! Short snippets of past seasons raced before me as He whispered His faithfulness in each one. I see it, and it is astounding. With intricate, intentional detail, He has been faithful to me. Faithful in His promise to never leave, faithful in keeping the enemy from snatching me out of His hand, faithful in grace for my shortcomings, and faithful in whispering His love. 

He sent me to parents that would introduce me to Him.
He planned brothers and a sister.
He sent my husband to the parents he needed to raise him in preparation for me.
When I explored the outdoors in my childhood, He was there.
When I fearlessly sang to Him alone in my barn, He heard me.
When I cried bitter tears of a lonely heart into my childhood pillow, He was near.
As I learned who I was, He steadied my heart.
When I traveled to faraway places to represent Him, He was already there.
As I launched my adult life, He spoke truth to me.
When I married my husband, He smiled :)
At the birth of my first and second child, He showed me deeper and deeper His Fatherly love for me.
In the years  without my own home, He was "home" for me.
As finances come and go, He is always present.
When my daughter died, HE promised to care for her while I live here on earth.
While I waited, He picked out my next daughter.
As I lean in to the life He, my husband and I are building, He is ever faithful.

He is watching, whispering, "hemming me in, behind and before". (Psalm 139:4) 
Sometimes life is heavy, painful, hard... but He is ever faithful.
 

“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
 
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
 
  “Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Victory

I have a small victory to share with you:  Let me give some context... I blogged about the loss of children recently, verbally stomping my feet and telling the enemy that I will have no more of it- and that I have chosen my side and refuse to budge. The children God has given me "on loan" are all so different... Jonathan was an easy baby, and is currently a whirl-wind 3 1/2 yr old- he is FULL of energy, curiosity, music, rythm, he is friendly, relational, deep (yes, deep!), always thinking, processing, talking... He knows about God and that Jesus is real, and he knows that his baby sister Evelyn is safe with Jesus. Henry was a difficult baby, and is an easy 2 yr-old!  He adores his  brother and wants to be where he is, he gives AMAZING hugs, likes to be held, likes books, connects quickly with people, is caring, noisy, talkative, fast... and still has his innocence. He likes to pray. Evelyn has changed my life more than anything. Her body was tiny, but her existenc

How great the Father's love for us...

Evelyn has changed everything. She has changed the way I think, the way I see my boys, the way I approach people, and most importantly she has changed my understanding of the depth of God's love. Yesterday the teacher at our church taught on John 3:16... which I have heard hundreds of times. BUT- yesterday (and today!), and from now on, it means more to me. The verse says this, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son..." WHAT?!?! I've heard that, quoted that, referenced that, but now, being asked to give up one of MY children, I see just a little more deeply how God loves me. Having felt the searing pain of being asked to give up a child, my response is so different to reading again that God CHOSE to give up His only child! ...and for me, the little girl I'm being asked to give up will go straight from the safety of my womb to the permanent safety of His arms (unless God gives us a miracle!). But for God, when He gave up Jesus, He sent Him here, kn

We prepare to say goodbye

If we haven't been for the last 10 or so weeks, right now we are preparing to say goodbye. I heard a whisper in the second before my Dr. placed the ultrasound wand on my belly this afternoon, "she is with Me." I saw her tiny body on the screen and noticed how still she seemed. I held my breath, my heart pounding as we looked for her heart beat. None. She is at rest with her Creator. Soon I will see my beautiful daughter's face. To the world's standards, her body will be very broken. But to God's standards, we will see beauty because she has lived her purpose: to point in honor to her Creator. Pray that my body will have the strength to let my heart treasure each moment we get with her body. To God be the glory!